This document will describe how to create a new service for the OASIS database. This will be used during initial setup of a new OASIS installation, after moving an existing database from one server to another, or after converting a V9 database to a V11 database.
Creating a New Service
Start the ASA Configuration Utility by going to the OASIS271 > Database program folder under the Start menu.
Start the ASA Configuration utility and select “New Service” under the “File” menu:
The next step depends on what you are working on:
- If this is a brand new OASIS installation, please reference this document: Creating the OASIS Database and Service
- If this is for a recently moved or newly converted database, be sure to leave the "Create Database" box unchecked or your current database will be overwritten.
WARNING: LOSS OF DATA IS POSSIBLE IF A DATABASE IS CREATED WHERE A DATABASE CURRENTLY EXISTS. DATA WILL BE OVERWRITTEN.
Almost all users should ONLY adjust the Database File location and make NO other changes. The following are defined:
- Name – the name of the database.Most users should not change.
- Database File – location of the database file. Please select the drive letter with the most disc space.
- Create Database – Creates the database at the target location. If the database already exists, leave this box unchecked to have the existing database start when the server is restarted (automatically).
- Create ODBC Data Sources – Creates Windows data sources used by OASIS. Most users should not change.
- Port – TCP/IP port used by the database. Most users should not change.
Press “OK” to create the service:
The window above shows a successful service creation. Errors will show in other cases (contact Ingen Software if you receive an error. Please keep the error on screen while contacting Ingen Software. The error information is essential to diagnosing the issue.) After pressing “OK”, you will receive another confirmation to show all steps were performed properly:
The main screen will refresh to show the new service:
From here, you will need to click "Start" to start the database.
For more information on the other functions within the ASA Configuration Utility, click here.